20070720

the Fridge: an unlikely source of Terrorism

I came home a few days ago after work, just to pick up my school books to run back into town for class. To my surprise I was greeted by something that almost blew me back out the door.

I don't know if you've had milk in the fridge for too long in one of those plastic cartons. Well, our fridge has had one for about as long as China has been around, and I have just been too lazy these days to throw it out.

I didn't consider if as any threat since those screw on caps are pretty tight.

Well I found out the hard way that day that even tight caps can't hold forever... The milk carton was so full with the fermented gasses that it exploded in the fridge and had leaked through the gap for the fridge door to form a puddle in the kitchen.
The welcoming stench of aging milk was what greeted me home.

Now a few days after, I am doing a massive cleaning of the wreck of my apartment before I move out. I've finished the dishes and am about the tackle the exploded milk. Dare I open that fridge door...the source of terrorism in our house.

I just thought I would write something here beforehand since it could be my first and last post.


I'm going in. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Kyan said...

hahah hey sumi! yeah, like many scientists, discovered this the hard way.