20070724

office Poly-ticks

When I first started my job here, my first impression of the office environment was that of a warm cosy place. Not blasted with star glaring white Halogen, the atmosphere was what I hadn't imagined from a work place: like home (except with a cleaner kitchen).

Having worked here for nearly 2 months, the view from my work desk has changed quite a bit, for better and for worse.

On a good note, I have become quite aquainted with our big boss much more. At a glance her appearance can be slightly frightening, with streaked dirty blonde hair, a large, british, middle-aged-woman body, her eyebrows are drawn into a curvy V with whatever make-up pen she uses. Quite straight forwardly, I was scared of her my first day.
But how the tables turn! I have come to see her side of honesty, caring heart, and her thrive for the integrity of the business. Also I'm loving how she calls us "children"!

On the other hand, friction within the office has started to surface, revealing the real facade. Everyone has something to complain about, they have someone to blackmouth, and backstab. Basically our office politics is comprised of a lot of poly-ticks. Not that they are all bad people, just that hm...they don't work well together...
One of the girls quite today. There was a whole scandal going on, and she had noticed her resignation a few days ago, and was told to leave this afternoon.

I never knew the real world was this scary. Scary.

There is a word in Japanese: happo-bijin (eight-direction beauty). It describes a person who handles every social group well, putting up a smile with every interaction in all directions.

I think that's what I need to be to survive here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.